Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Reno Trip Day 1 & 2 - The Brotha

"If ever there was a crazy trip it was our trip to RENO. " It's started off rocky the night before not getting to bed until 3:30, Planning to leave at 10 got through out the window when I got our stuff downstairs and it was 11. Why Avi chose to wake up early was beside me, Children are strange or they just know when to push the BAD buttons!! I'm not going to bore you with all the little details so here is the Readers Digest version or Cliff Notes...


DAY ONE:
-Left at 1 got on the road... zoom zoom zoom
-1 mile outside of Saltair EVERYTHING STOPPED DEAD!! We were extremely confused.
-1 hour gone... creepin along 1 hours pass... LA DE DUM DE DUM
-We have gone approx 45 miles from home and have been on the road almost three hours.
-Rerouted to the smaller old freeway and we are one our way Find out that if we would have left when I wanted to we would have been in the middle of a Shoot out that ended in a Officer fatality


- dun dun dun dun (OK so the JAWS theme song doesn't have the same effect when typed)


We run into THIS:


No it's not the second coming it's a FREAKIN FIRE!!! I mean come on.



At Least we made it and we checked in just fine got some sleep and met up with my Awesome Brother and his family the next day.



DAY TWO:
For my brother to be in the career that he is in you would think that he would take advantage of VACATION SLEEP IN TIME!!! nope.. and he had to drag me along with him. the second day we were with him he said he was going to "sleep in: and then he text me at 7:30 to see if I was awake.. lol riiiight
VIRGINIA CITY



OFF TO SCHEELS


If was twice the size of Cabelas and extremely cool. I mean their was a Ferris wheel in the middle of the store... A FULL SIZED ONE!! oh and in the photo if you look closely you will see Avi Saying cheese. =)

It was a lot of Fun to get to spend time with Gower and his family without other family members to distract us from having fun... =) oh you know who you are *wink*

No comments: