Wednesday, January 5, 2011

there's gold in them there hills..

That's kinda a fitting title.. california gold rush, ok mayeb it just a bit to late for my brain to function.

On with the rest:
I am currently in California. My loving husband let me come down/ over here to go to a friend's wedding and like I said in the other post I ended up staying to go to my Uncle's Funeral. IN the mean time I am trying to find things to keep my time occupied considering I am not at home and don't have a set routine. Anyway, late this after noon I decided to rummage through my mothers box of old fabric and what do I stumble upon?

The answer is this:


Obviously this is a photo from the internet. I took photos of the one she had and I had forgotten that she doesn't have photoshop so I wasn't able to convert the files.. silly me.

Whatever,  this book was still in it's original wrapper, priced at $9.95 and then a discount sticker on it saying it was only a dolllar ninety-eight!  $1.98 and still in plastic... MOTHER WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING ALL THESE YEARS!!! Of course I ask her if I can have it and she said yes, I mean she purchased the book in the mid 70's and hasn't touched it yet. I'm guessing she wasn't going to break it out anytime soon. (love you mom Ü)

I took pictures, only a few and  after the mini photo shoot which consisted of the sticker price and few pages I start flipping through it. Let me tell you it has the sweetest 70's clothes in there. Well I guess they would be more like late 60's clothes considering the thing was printed in 1968, 1969 and also 1971. This book lays out how to make Yoked Culottes how is that not AWESOME!!

I can't wait to get my hands on some left over fabric or even muslin to try a few of these skills out. It just might need to be sooner then later. did I mention my mother has a serger... oh yea I'm totally going to the fabric store tomorrow... Now if I could just find someone to watch Bug ... Dad? Ü

No comments: