Thursday, March 17, 2011

Books - Water for Elephants and Bitter Melon

I have read quite a few books in the last two months. I would love to write reviews for them HOWEVER i am lame enough to have started about 6 series that have yet to finish. Most of the final novels will come out in may June or July and some in October. So until I read the entire series I wont post anything about them. 

On that Note I Recently read two books that I believe are note worthy. 

First being:

I really enjoyed reading this book. It was the first book I had read that didn't involve a wolf, vampire, wizard, immortal, fallen angel, donkey, sad girl that gets swept up buy dark, sexy  and mysterious boy. etc... (ok I just through Donkey in there, I've been watching Shrek with Bug alot too.) 

What I liked about this book was the detail that the put into it. I mean I really could have lived without picturing the hairy butt in the field doing something unmentionable. although she did mention it.. oh well that's not the point. I started reading ad I think I has a permagrin on my face the entire time. 

I'm can't really say much else without giving parts away. But I will say this..Recollection of a 90 or 93 year old his memory is set in the 30's during the depression, boy runs away and ends up working in the circus, meets girl, and the rest takes off from there.

  



As for his book (online book club):
 SOOOO not what I have read in the past, It's about a Chinese girl who is coming into her Senior year at an all girls school in San Fran. she has always done what her mother has told her until one day she got placed into the wrong class and her choices and actions start changing.

I'm not even putting that correctly. It's an easy read I think the level said it was for grades 7-12. Personally I would have never picked it for myself but I'm glad I read it.

No comments: